Once in a while our daughters ask for homemade Macaroni and Cheese and they actually say they taste even better the second day when reheated.
It’s so simple and quick to cook and truly a cheese explosion.
I like to serve our Macaroni and Cheese with a light salad since they are more on the heavy side and sprinkled with fresh parsley and a little bit of shredded cheddar.
500g pasta (I prefer elbow or shells)
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 cup milk
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp salt
a pinch of freshly ground black pepper
How to cook the Macaroni and Cheese
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- In the meantime prepare the sauce in a medium size pot.
- For the sauce melt the butter and whisk in the flour. Let cook on medium heat for about a minute.
- Whisk in the milk, heavy cream, pepper and salt. Keep heat on medium and continue whisking until it begins to boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cheddar until melted.
- Drain the pasta.
- In a large bowl combine pasta and sauce and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and some shredded cheddar and serve with a light salad as a side.
Storing and to reheat
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
To reheat the Macaroni and Cheese, place in a skillet or sauce pan and add a little bit of milk. Reheat over low to medium heat, stir frequently and add more milk as needed to keep the dish moist.
One Does Not Simply Resist Cheat Meals
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram here
I also have this recipe on my YouTube channel here