Potato Salad is a wonderful old-fashioned dish traditionally made with mayonnaise.
It’s the perfect side dish for cookouts or lunches/dinners. It’s also a good way to use leftover potatoes (I always cook to many potatoes for lunch) and make a quick little salad.
Since not everyone likes mayonnaise here is an alternative made with sour cream.
500 g potatoes, cooked
150 g sour cream
25 ml sweet cream
1 small onion
salt, pepper, sugar and pickle juice to taste
optional radishes and/or a cooked egg
How to prepare potato salad
- cook your potatoes with the skin on until they are easily pierced with a fork. Set aside and let cool while you prepare the rest of the ingredients
- in a large bowel whisk together the sour cream and the sweet cream until evenly combined
- dice the onion and pickles into small pieces, add to the cream mix and season with pickle juice, sugar, salt and pepper
- cut your potatoes into chunks or slices (feel free to peel the potatoes) and give to the sauce. Toss gently until evenly combined
- garnish with fresh parsley
- optional: add a hard boiled egg cut into pieces or sliced radishes
- chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving
How to store the salad
You can store the salad in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
HAPPINESS is HOMEMADE
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram here