Marzipan cookies are a delicious Christmas treat with their firm exterior, crunchy almond on top and dreamily chewy interior. A scrumptious surprise not only for Marzipan lovers!
No christmas is complete without them.
Ingredients for 36 cookies
250 g Marzipan
80 g icing sugar
60 g almonds
70 g ground almonds
40 g all-purpose flour
3 drops rose water
36 pieces round edible paper for baking
How to bake the cookies
- Cut the marzipan into chunks, that makes it easier to work with.
- Add the marzipan chunks and the egg white to a bowl.
- Sift in the flour and icing sugar.
- Add the ground almonds and a few drops rose water.
- Knead the dough until smooth.
- Cover the dough and let chill in the fridge for an hour.
- After an hour preheat your oven to 150C/300F.
- Cut the chilled dough into 36 pieces.
- Roll the dough pieces into little balls.
- Place the dough balls on the edible paper and press them down a little.
- Add an almond on top of each cookie.
- Brush the cookies with a mix of the egg yolk and a tbsp. of water.
- Bake them in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
How to store the cookies
Store your cookies in an airtight container with a lid and they will last up to 2 weeks.
May this holiday season be filled with laughter, joy, and peace.
If you try this recipe and love it, please leave a comment below or tag me on instagram !